iPIO-8 Features

iPIO-8 Features

Postby glenhay » August 30th, 2013, 5:08 pm

I emailed this question to tech support bu got no reply, so I'll try here

If a relay output is closed under control of a remote input and the network link fails, what is the behaviour of that output relay? Is the behaviour user selectable? I have seen a different unit where the user can select the relay action on link fail between, Open, Close and Hold Last , is this possible in your unit?

Thanks,
Glen
glenhay

Re: iPIO-8 Features

Postby DP_Sam » September 3rd, 2013, 8:52 am

Glen,

If a relay output is closed under control of a remote input and the network link fails, what is the behaviour of that output relay?
The relay will remain in the last state it was told to be in. By default, when the network connection is restored, the relay will re-synch. That automatic re-synch can be disabled, and you can force a re-synch at a programmable interval. The forced re-synch can come in handy when multiple control sources are used, and you need one to have priority.
Is the behaviour user selectable?
The behavior is not selectable with the exception as noted below. (next question)
I have seen a different unit where the user can select the relay action on link fail between, Open, Close and Hold Last , is this possible in your unit?
You can assign a relay on the unit to be the alarm relay. This will open when communication fails with a remote, and close when communication is restored. (open and closed state also programmable)
Sam Savoye
Dataprobe Tech Support
SSavoye@Dataprobe.com
DP_Sam

Return to Remote Control (iPIO-8)