IPO8 Locks up

Re: IPO8 Locks up

Postby Chris K » October 17th, 2012, 12:20 pm

Hi, I have a similar issue with my iPIO-8 devices becoming inaccessible.

We just got some iPIO-8 devices which we have configured and were testing last week. We came back to the office on Monday and could not connect to either device via https(443), which we could on Friday. On Chrome the page simple would not display, on IE it displayed the server certificate message which is normal for https pages, however I could not proceed to the website, it just hung up. We reset the power on both devices several times and still could not connect. I could ping the devices fine.

I plugged directly into the devices via my laptop and was able to get to the web page and log in. After some troubleshooting, running wireshark and nmap scans, I disabled SSL, reconnected to the network and voila, I was able to connect http fine. However when we enable SSL, the box craps out again. Like I said, it was working fine for a week when we accessed via https, but now it no longer works.

I need to get this resolved before I can put this device into production.

Regards

Chris K
Chris K

Postby kevink1955 » October 17th, 2012, 9:08 pm

I just tryed using HTTPS on mine and could not connect either, do not know if it ever worked as I always just input the IP address and get a standard port 80 connection. I do not have any need for a secure connection to the web interface.

With my problem units a power cycle always restores them to normal, never had one fail to come back on line.

Are you using static IP addresses? If DHCP assigned the address may have changed and the ping is being returned by another device that got assigned the old address.

Since I moved my units to the voice t1 subnet I have not had a lockup in 3 weeks so it's something about my main network that the units do not like, most likely the video server traffic. It pushes the microwave link almost to the bandwidth limit at times.

Give Tech support a call, Sam is very helpfull and returns calls unlike most support lines.
kevink1955

Postby Chris K » October 19th, 2012, 9:50 am

Thanks Kevin :) Do you have a number handy that I can call Sam?

Regards,

Chris K
Chris K

Postby kevink1955 » January 4th, 2013, 10:43 pm

It's been over 3 months since I moved the units off the main network and put them on the voice T-1 network. I have not had 1 lockup since.

I am still going to try to hide the IPIO8's behind a router to isolate them from all the other network traffic on the main network as I cannot stay on the voice T-1 forever, they will be removing it some time this year.

Will post back when I figgure out what the IPIO8 does not like about my network, sure it's going to be something stupid
kevink1955

Postby DP_Sam » January 7th, 2013, 11:23 am

kevink1955 wrote:... something stupid

I would say "unique" not "stupid"

I am also loking forwad to hgearing how this works out.
Sam Savoye
Dataprobe Tech Support
SSavoye@Dataprobe.com
DP_Sam

Postby glenhay » August 30th, 2013, 5:09 pm

I emailed this to tech support but got no reply, so I'll post it here

We are currently evaluating this product as candidate to replace an ageing Telemetry system and have a query about its performance

In this thread there is a number of posts about a customer having trouble with some units locking up and dropping off the network, has this been resolved and if so, what was the solution?
glenhay

Postby kevink1955 » September 2nd, 2013, 12:12 pm

OP here

Yes this has been resolved, It was a problem with our network that is badly overloaded with video server traffic. We moved it to another transport and they have been flawless since.

I will say DataProbe support (thanks Sam) has also been very helpfull in Sorting this problem out.
kevink1955

Postby glenhay » September 2nd, 2013, 2:38 pm

Thanks OP for the reply, but still no response from Tech Support on this and a query I posted in another thread, bit disappointed in the response time
glenhay

Postby DP_Sam » September 3rd, 2013, 8:39 am

Kevin,

I apologize for the delay in responding to your posts.
September 2nd was Labor day and the office was closed.
I will also look into the e-mail delay, but suspect the collection of email occurred this morning when we re-opened.

Kevins issue turns out to have been traffic related. (Thank you Kevin for the update.)

I will respond to your query on the other thread momentarily.
Sam Savoye
Dataprobe Tech Support
SSavoye@Dataprobe.com
DP_Sam

Previous

Return to Remote Control (iPIO-8)