iPIO8

iPIO8

Postby JPoulet » August 17th, 2010, 12:02 pm

We've just purchased 5 iPIO8 to add to our "fleet" of COE.
I've downloaded the file "ipio8_coe_upg_1.00.64.exe". What do I do with it? It does not run in Windows. The upgrade procedure talks about a "*.bin" file.

Help!
JPoulet

Re: iPIO8

Postby DP_Sam » August 17th, 2010, 2:59 pm

Thank you for your question.

The file you downloaded is a self extracting zip file.
After running it you will find 4 files on your hard drive located in the newly created c:\dataprobe\ipio-coe\1.00.64 folder.
Navigate to this folder and follow the instruction found in the ipio8_upgrade_090821e.pdf file.

Basically, you will be FTPing to the ipio8 to upload the firmware. (the image.bin is file also located in that directory)
Sam Savoye
Dataprobe Tech Support
SSavoye@Dataprobe.com
DP_Sam

Postby JPoulet » August 18th, 2010, 3:46 pm

The file I downloaded was not complete. That's why I had difficulties.

I've downloaded the file again and it worked this time.

I didn't see any differences in the web server of the device (after versus before firmware change). Is that normal?
JPoulet

Postby DP_Sam » August 19th, 2010, 8:29 am

This depends on what version you updated from. (ipio8 standard or other version of ipio8-coe)
The web pages will look similar. After logging into the ipio8 look at the title bar of your browser.
This will display the version number.

Also, the COE version will have a field for Retransmission Frequency in the network setup tab.
Sam Savoye
Dataprobe Tech Support
SSavoye@Dataprobe.com
DP_Sam

Postby JPoulet » August 23rd, 2010, 11:39 am

So far so good, for most of them.

I've noticed that it is better to "hard reset" the device (unplug/plug) after it has rebooted itself before starting configuration.

But one device didn't work as well as the others. After I've done all the procedure, each time it starts, all 4 lights comes on (Pwr, Rmt, Link, Act) and stay on. I can't discover the unit with the Discovery software.

I've tried the "reset button" from the front pannel to no avail. Anything else I could try?
JPoulet

Postby DP_Sam » August 23rd, 2010, 4:14 pm

If all 4 lights are on at the same time, it sounds as if the code did not load properly.

Contact me via e-mail or phone and I can issue an RMA to get that one looked at.

1-201-934-9944 x138
Sam Savoye
Dataprobe Tech Support
SSavoye@Dataprobe.com
DP_Sam

Return to Remote Control (iPIO-8)