Momentary (pulse) Relay Option?

Momentary (pulse) Relay Option?

Postby RFEngineer » May 12th, 2010, 11:46 pm

Does the iPIO-8 allow the user to select momentary relay closure in addition to latching?

Paul
RFEngineer

Re: Momentary (pulse) Relay Option?

Postby DP_Sam » May 13th, 2010, 11:37 am

The current firmware does not support momentary closures.
Since the protocol for the ipio8 does support momentary, if you wrote your own code to control the relays, then you could issue the command for a momentary closure.

This feature is planned to be added at sometime in the near future.
Sam Savoye
Dataprobe Tech Support
SSavoye@Dataprobe.com
DP_Sam

Postby brianm » January 10th, 2011, 6:00 pm

Back in May the feature of momentary relay is planned to be added in the near future.

Any chance this is now available? The momentary feature would prove to be very beneficial with a project the iPIO-8 is currently being used for.
For reasons I am not sure of yet, the receiving iPIO8 will latch a relay, even though the command is momentary. The device being controlled will not acknowledge further relay closures if one is latched closed.
I would be very interested to find out more of a momentary latching relay option.
brianm

Postby DP_Sam » January 14th, 2011, 9:20 am

Admittedly, the project was pushed back slightly from May.
The new code is in final test and should be available by the end of Jan 2011.

I personally want to thank you for your patience.
Sam Savoye
Dataprobe Tech Support
SSavoye@Dataprobe.com
DP_Sam

Postby PJP » September 5th, 2012, 2:55 pm

Sorry for the question I have been searching for a few days now with your product and a few others.

This thread is a year old and I see in the patch notes that this is indeed set and working. My question is about the input. I see you have "•More options for input change actions" as a patch note. I just cant find anything that says it specifically.

My application is basically as follows, and I want to be sure the iPIO-8 can do it before I buy it.

I want a momentary close button to change the state of the relay. I see that it talks about switches and constant on's to change a relay but I dont see anything specifically about a momentary on to change a relay state.
PJP

Postby DP_Sam » September 6th, 2012, 9:05 am

Thank you for your question, I had not realized this posting had gotten so out of date.

The latest revision of the ipio8 code (1.21.105) does support momentary as well as a pulse.
The setup for it is in the remote setup section of the current manual. (see page 9)
http://www.dataprobe.com/support/manuals/ctl/ipio8_110725e.pdf
Each local input on the iPIO-8 can be used to activate one relay on remote iPIO-8 units. Program the
Remote Relay section by selecting which remote relay will be controlled by each input. Select the relay
number on the remote unit that will be controlled. The On Open and On Close setting allow the user to
define the action that the remote relay will take when the input is open or closed. The choices are
Open, Close or Pulse – Open and Pulse - Close. If Pulse – Open or Close is selected, the relay will
momentarily take the state chosen (open or closed) for the duration specified in the Pulse column.
So you could program input 1 for "on close" to close relay 1.
Then when you momenarily close the input, the relay will close.
Program input 1 "on open" to none so that when the input opens, relay one will stay closed.
You will need another method to open the relay back up, as there is no toggle option.
You could program input 2 "on close" to open relay 1 as a clear if you want, or use the webpage to clear the relay, or even the DxP protocol and create a shortcut on a desktop to clear the relay.
You could even use the input 1 "on close" pulse close with a delay, so the relay will clear itself after that delay.
Sam Savoye
Dataprobe Tech Support
SSavoye@Dataprobe.com
DP_Sam

Return to Remote Control (iPIO-8)