SMTP problem

SMTP problem

Postby sterhv » September 21st, 2014, 12:29 am

As I understand, iBootBar uses SMTP port 25 to send mail without SSL, my email provider switched to SSL recently and my iBootBar couldn't send mail anymore ... Tried to use gmail server, but it uses port 25 with SSL only and port 587 without SSL ... Any suggestions ?
sterhv

Re: SMTP problem

Postby DP_Sam » September 23rd, 2014, 5:06 pm

I recognize that many online providers have now begun to require SSL for their E-mail accounts.
The iBootBar will still require an email server with a non SSL account to use.
Future iBootBar revisions may support SSL connections.

I did some quick research online today (9-23) and setup a free account with http://www.smtp2go.com/
The free account will allow 20 e-mails a day. They are a pay service if you need more.
I was able to set my iBootBar to the parameters the site required, and sent a test e-mail.
(You need to ping their smtpcorp.com server to enter the ipaddress for the server.)

Dataprobe in not affiliated with the site, but since I had success, I wanted to share.
Sam Savoye
Dataprobe Tech Support
SSavoye@Dataprobe.com
DP_Sam

Re: SMTP problem

Postby sterhv » September 23rd, 2014, 11:21 pm

DP_Sam wrote:I recognize that many online providers have now begun to require SSL for their E-mail accounts.
The iBootBar will still require an email server with a non SSL account to use.
Future iBootBar revisions may support SSL connections.

I did some quick research online today (9-23) and setup a free account with http://www.smtp2go.com/
The free account will allow 20 e-mails a day. They are a pay service if you need more.
I was able to set my iBootBar to the parameters the site required, and sent a test e-mail.
(You need to ping their smtpcorp.com server to enter the ipaddress for the server.)

Dataprobe in not affiliated with the site, but since I had success, I wanted to share.

Thanks for advice
sterhv

Return to iBootBar