iBoot DC problems

Moderator: DP_Sam

iBoot DC problems

Postby JimInAlabama » August 29th, 2013, 6:01 pm

I have a locked unit. After changing the Gateway I clicked Save then Reboot. Now the unit will not respond to even a Ping. I guess a road trip is called for.

I am running iBoot-G2 v1.10.59. The online manual doesn't match my web browser.

1. On the AutoPing page there is WAIT. What is this?

2. On the Schedule page there is HOLD/RUN. What is this?

3. On the Schedule page I can't fine anything for DST.
JimInAlabama

Re: iBoot DC problems

Postby DP_Sam » August 30th, 2013, 8:58 am

I am sorry you are having issues with your iBoot.

If you can remote access a PC in the building with Logmein, or VPN to the local network of the iBoot-DC, you may be able to access it remotely.
(VPN and logmein will effectively give you a local ipaddress, and you might be able to access the unit by its programmed local ip address)

The available manual for the iBoot-DC is unfortunately, 1 revision old. (I will address this internally)
Take a look at the iBoot-G2 manual for description of the features in the iBoot-G2-DC. (Same firmware)
Manual for iBoot-G2 here -> http://dataprobe.co/support/iboot/iboot-g2.pdf

Basically...
  • Wait is the time in seconds the ping will take to be considered a fail. (default on a PC is 2 seconds)
  • HOLD/RUN is a way to make a scheduled event not work, but not be deleted (HOLD) or run as programmed (RUN)
  • DST the unit does not automatically adjust for Daylight Savings Time. You can manually modify the Time zone to compensate.
Sam Savoye
Dataprobe Tech Support
SSavoye@Dataprobe.com
DP_Sam

Re: iBoot DC problems

Postby JimInAlabama » August 30th, 2013, 12:11 pm

Thanks Sam. I don't have any way to access the iBoot. I believe it is working with just the interface down. I only need the Gateway to satisfy Schedule as the iBoot is on a flat network. I have Schedule set to DEFAULT the output should someone accidently switch it.

I'll download the book. Thanks.
JimInAlabama

Return to iBoot