iBoot G2+ Locks up

Moderator: DP_Sam

iBoot G2+ Locks up

Postby Randy.Henson » August 25th, 2012, 7:02 pm

I bought a new iBoot G2+ and ext 2 weeks ago, installed (static ip) it and it will only stay up for a couple of days then locks up... I can't ping it, and I've got the it plugged in to usb console as well, but when it locks up I can't even console to it to reboot.... I have to have someone in that location power cycle it, and it starts working again for a couple of days, but that kind of defeats the purpose... any idea why this may be happening to my unit???

Thanks
Randy
Randy.Henson

Re: iBoot G2+ Locks up

Postby DP_Sam » August 28th, 2012, 4:44 pm

This sounds like an issue with MAC CTL-PAUSE.
There is a possibility the network is having excessive MAC CTL-PAUSE commands.

Sometimes, you can fix this in the switch, if it is a managed switch that allows a setting to not initiate MAC CTL-PAUSE.

If you have wireshark or Ethereal, you could do a network capture to see if there are excessive MAC CTL-PAUSE commands.
Sam Savoye
Dataprobe Tech Support
SSavoye@Dataprobe.com
DP_Sam

Postby Bluesnarf » January 7th, 2014, 1:34 pm

Hi Support,

I have been experiencing the same issue that the OP is having with the iBoot G2 becoming inaccessible after 24-48 hours on my home network and requires a hard reboot to come back online. I have checked with Wireshark for excessive MAC CTL-PAUSE commands and I didn't find any. I also disabled STP and removed a switch that may cause the issue but it still persists. I am using the Asus RT-AC66U router if that is of any help and it is the only router/switch on the network currently and I am using the latest firmware for the iBoot G2. Do you have any more suggestions that may help me remedy this issue?

Thanks,
Brad
Bluesnarf

Postby DP_Sam » January 8th, 2014, 11:07 am

That's a nice router.
Is the iBoot on a public ip? or NAT forwarded with port 80?
Depending on your setup, it sounds like a denial of service attack.

Another possibility: do you have any network security programs that may be scanning your network, finding ip addresses and attempting to connect?
In most cases, the iBoot needs to be listed as an exclusion form such programs as we are a single socket device.
Sam Savoye
Dataprobe Tech Support
SSavoye@Dataprobe.com
DP_Sam

Return to iBoot