outlet delay time during cold boot

Moderator: DP_Sam

outlet delay time during cold boot

Postby jrhlaser » March 5th, 2010, 8:07 pm

I just bought this and have played with it for a short while. This is my scenario and question. After a power outage, when the Iboot bar does a cold boot, is there any way to program a delay in time between outlets turning on. My main concern is, after my ups drains in an outage, I sometimes lose my network because the cable modem ip comes back after my router, so I never get reconnected, thus can't control anything from outside. I know I could use the modem and a back up phone to fix that, and thought about the auto ping, but the ideal way would be to adjust the outlets delay on time during a cold boot. Is this possible at present or is there another way I can do this automatically in programming. All I really need to do is delay the power to the router for another 30-40 seconds after the cable modem is restored to be safe. Auto ping could take care of it from there .Since the boot bar will be behind the router it will be of no use if I can't initially reestablish my internet connection. If this can't be done now could it considered in a firmware upgrade (like being able to set individual delays between outlets coming on with a cold boot ie: outlet1=0, outlet2 =30, outlet3 =10, in seconds, etc) would be a lot easier to be able to sequence certain devices that need it from cold boots.
Thanks for this forum this looks to be a great product. just what I needed to complete my remote network capabilities.
Jrhlaser
jrhlaser

Re: outlet delay time during cold boot

Postby DP_Sam » March 9th, 2010, 4:07 pm

You can program the inter outlet delay, but not on an outlet by outlet basis.
In the GUI it is in the Device tab labeled Delay Time, and is programmed in seconds.
The outlets will come on 1-8 with the delay applied.

The CLI command would be "set delay xx" where xx is the delay time 0-99 seconds.

The per outlet idea is a good idea, I will pass it on.
Sam Savoye
Dataprobe Tech Support
SSavoye@Dataprobe.com
DP_Sam

Re: outlet delay time during cold boot

Postby jrhlaser » January 11th, 2017, 4:17 pm

DP_Sam wrote:You can program the inter outlet delay, but not on an outlet by outlet basis.
In the GUI it is in the Device tab labeled Delay Time, and is programmed in seconds.
The outlets will come on 1-8 with the delay applied.

The CLI command would be "set delay xx" where xx is the delay time 0-99 seconds.

The per outlet idea is a good idea, I will pass it on.

I still have 2 of these (ibb-scu1.5) with setup utilty v1.5.110, they are still working great but wondering if there has been any firmware updates for this model that gave me a per outlet delay; looked on website but the downloads for G2,etc the one there doesn't seem to detect my iboot.
jrhlaser

Return to iBoot