Iboot original ..I cant connect

Moderator: DP_Sam

Iboot original ..I cant connect

Postby jldevlin » August 31st, 2015, 11:25 am

Good Day, I have tried everything from Iboot Support to reading everything I can on the internet but I cant access my Iboot device.

It is located at my cabin 100 miles from here, when I installed it there was no problem accessing it from within the network, but outside the network it is impossible, I only time out after the wheel spins for its allotted time. I follow the video supplied by Iboot for this device (the original Iboot not g2) I have tried every possible combination of port forwarding to get into my router, I have no problem with port forward for my security cameras. I type in the http://162.156.54.64 which is my public address I then type in my port number I have opened, I have tried 8080, 80 and several other ports just in case but again I have never been able to connect...any ideas what is the problem....right now my computer has frozen so I cannot access it...this is why I bought this unit but it seems pretty useless

Thank you
John
jldevlin

Re: Iboot original ..I cant connect

Postby DP_Sam » August 31st, 2015, 3:39 pm

The iBoot-HUB is programmed by default to use port 80. I assume you are using that port for the PC or security cameras.
When you are local to the device log onto it, and change the default webport to be something non standard, and then redirect that port to the local ip address for the iBoot.
Then you should be able to access from outside with [yourpublicip]:[selected non standard webport]

If you can not access the iBoot locally, use the iBoot Setup Utility http://dataprobe.com/support/iboot/iboot_setup.exe to discover, and reset it.

I made a video some time ago on NAT and Port forwarding located here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GCCuWD2Ayig&autoplay=1
You may not need it as you understand port forwarding for your security cameras, and that should be the same thing.
Sam Savoye
Dataprobe Tech Support
SSavoye@Dataprobe.com
DP_Sam

Postby jldevlin » August 31st, 2015, 9:29 pm

Thank you, my cameras use port 8181, I have changed the port several times on the iboot setup but no response, BUT....I have pointed the port forward to the supplied IP by the router....but not the public ip....once I can log on through teamviewer I will change the iboot port to 8181 and port forward 8181 to my public IP....that is one thing I have not tried! the website is crashed but I have a reboot off a timer set to run at midnight,hopefully it will boot back up instead of hanging.....thank you for the new possibility

John
jldevlin

Postby DP_Sam » September 1st, 2015, 8:06 am

You do not want to redirect the same port to the iBoot as the cameras.
This would make the public ip not know where to redirect traffic internally.
(Unless you are disconnecting the cameras temporarily as a test.)
I would avoid 8080 as well if you were considering that as a port.

Lastly, the original iBoot had a built in hub. It is not necessary to pass traffic through the iBoot to gain access. In fact, passing lots of data, live video from a camera, could cause issues.

I would recommend using only one of the network jacks on the iBoot, if you are not already.
Sam Savoye
Dataprobe Tech Support
SSavoye@Dataprobe.com
DP_Sam

Postby jldevlin » September 1st, 2015, 8:29 pm

I use 8181 for the webcams, I have tried 80 81 8181 3654 ports, but the way I have it setup might be an issue, from the router the cable runs to the jack,then the other jack on the iboot unit has a cable running to the pc so internet goes through the iboot, all things from the pc run through the hub, should I run a cable from the internet direct to the pc,then a second cable from the router to the iboot and not have a cable to the pc

John
jldevlin

Postby jldevlin » September 2nd, 2015, 1:13 am

I do see I said 8080 for both, that was a typo, but when I go up this weekend I will hook it up differently, maybe with everything passing through it is causing issues...never thought of that
jldevlin

Postby jldevlin » September 6th, 2015, 3:03 pm

All is working great now, heart beat works and so does remote log in, it was my router....upgraded and poof no issues.....my old one was causing other problems as well....
jldevlin

Return to iBoot